Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Matt's First Post

Hey everyone, My name is Matt Murphy and I am a Senior Political Science Major. I chose this major, because I like talking about world events and international relations, not so much the local politics of our nation. I love to Snowboard! If I'm not in class or at work I'm probably on the mountain hitting the park. Sometimes I'll go up to New Hampshire or Vermont and board on those mountains. My goal for next year is to get out west and experience the Rocky mountains and some Pow. I am also learning how to ride motorcycles, here is a photo of me on one of my friends R1.














Here's a video of me and some of my friends in Vermont: (Vid soon to come)



Mass communication serves a purpose in my life. I do watch some television shows, I text people, I always listen to the radio. So i have some exposure to mass communications. In terms of snowboarding I do get magazines about snowboarding and I watch movies about it. The reason I took this class is to graduate, but I hope to learn about the various theories surrounding the field of communication so that I am able to think a little deeper while i'm viewing a movie or some sort of message. As for what i can offer the group...I can try to offer my ideas about the subject that come from the readings, but I think I am going to learn a lot more from my group mates than they are of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment