Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bret's First Post

Hello, my name is Bret Schlein and I am a Broadcasting, Telecommunications, + Mass Media (BTMM) student. The BTMM major seems to fit my life well, since my biggest passion in life is music. Ever since I was young, music has naturally been a part of every thing I do. I have even started my own blog, which I mostly use to spotlight different songs and artists. A music video, which I recently posted on my blog, that I greatly enjoy is "Day 'n' Nite (Crookers Remix)" by Kid Cudi.


I interned for the radio station Wired 96.5 last semester. It was great. I learned a great deal of experience in the radio industry and enjoyed every moment of it.

My current goal is to get a job in the promotions department of the radio station, when a position becomes available. Mass communication is an important part my life, because I want to get a job at Wired 96.5. Besides listening to a good deal of music, I also watch plenty of television and try to go to the movie theater whenever possible. From this class, I want to gain knowedge about the BTMM field that will help me for my future career. Since I have had the opportunity to intern at a major radio station, I offer some knowledge in the radio field. I know a little about how the radio affects the public. I also have knowledge in some of the methods that radio stations use to reach the public and to keep their audience listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment