Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Post About Myself




Hi All! My name is Sarah Sibel and I am a senior Communications Major at Temple Ambler. I'll start off with a little bit about myself. I enjoy singing, acting, skiing, and golfing. I also love music, movies, spending time with my family and friends, watching and going to sporting events, going to the beach, playing poker, and basically just having a good time. I have one older sister and no pets, but I love dogs. The video that I decided to include is a music video by an up and coming artist named Kate Voegele. I chose this because I love her music and I love to sing myself, and I think she is amazing live in concert, but I think it is a cool video of one of my favorite songs by her. Enjoy!



I believe mass communication to be important to my life, because without it, life would be that much more difficult, but like everything else, it has its pros and cons. In terms of identity and relationships, I believe that many times people rely too much on technology and certain forms of mass communication to associate with one another, and this takes away from the closeness and caring factor among people in so many cases. I think that mass communication is obviously a huge factor in helping work to be accomplished more quickly and efficiently, but to rely solely upon technology too just makes society lazy to a certain point. It is my belief that mass communication should help support our lives, but not completely hinder us from living them to the best of our ability outside of the technological world.

In terms of this class, I would like to gain a better understanding of why people communciate the way they do nowadays, and why technology has to completely take over our lives, rather than just supplement them. I think that I will be able to contribute my own personal experiences with the growing technology and how it has affected my life and society in general today, as well as my own understanding of how some of this technology works. I look forward to how this class will pan out and how the different perspectives of people will bring together the different concepts behind mass communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment